Terms and Conditions
This agreement, which constitutes a legally binding Agreement, governs your relationship with Young Engineers South West Sydney. In signing up or purchasing any goods or services provided by Young Engineers South West Sydney, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions in addition to any relevant terms and conditions previously stated. In order to contract with Young Engineers South West Sydney you must be at least 18 years of age. The below terms and conditions are considered read and agreed to when signing up or purchasing any of our products and services.
1. This agreement governs the relationship between you and Young Engineers South West Sydney.
2. This agreement governs the relationship between your child/children and Young Engineers South West Sydney.
3. Young Engineers South West Sydney reserves the right to change and/or amend these terms and conditions from time to time. In this case, Young Engineers South West Sydney will notify you of any changes in writing.
Change of Days or Time
In the event that the Day or Time is to change, Young Engineers South West Sydney must notify the Client in advance. The Client will have the choice to terminate the agreement and all future obligations at no penalty or cost or continue with workshops. If continuing, an amendment to this contract with the change of details must be agreed to.
Fees and Payment
1. The Client will pay the above stated workshop fees on enrolment or by the due date stated on the Ezidebit arrangement. In all circumstances payment is to be made prior to the time of the scheduled workshop.
2. Should the Client fail to pay the tuition fees on time, Young Engineers South West Sydney has the right to refuse to allow the student to partake in the workshop. The Client will still be responsible for payment for that workshop. If fees are unpaid for two consecutive weeks, the position at the workshop may be terminated with all outstanding fees to be paid by an agreed date.
3. No refund is available for any workshop after the session has taken place.
4. That failing to attend a scheduled workshop will render the workshop fees non-refundable.
5. In the case that the Client or your child/children fail to attend a scheduled workshop or cancel the workshop with less than 24 hours notice, the Client will still be responsible for payment of the full amount for that workshop session.
6. In the case that Young Engineers South West Sydney cancels a workshop, the fees for that workshop will be fully refundable if already paid. If the fees have not yet been paid, the issued invoice will be cancelled and no payment will need to be made for that session.
7. In the case a workshop is not completed due to any circumstances outside of Young Engineers South West Sydney control including, but not limited to, emergencies, natural disasters and evacuations, no refund is available.
8. Accepted payment methods include online payment and direct bank transfer. We do not accept coins or bank cheques.
1. Term based workshops do not continue during school holidays and clients will not be charged for this time.
2. School Holiday Workshops are ad-hoc and billed directly through the booking website.
3. There is a degree of flexibility in these periods regarding workshop session times. Change of workshop times are available subject to agreement from Young Engineers South West Sydney.
In order to release yourself from this agreement and cancel all future workshop schedules, the Client must express their intentions two weeks in advance, in writing, stating a valid reason. No exit fee applies. This does not release the Client from any past obligations.
Responsibility and Expected Conduct
Responsibility and moral ethical conduct of Client
1. That Your child/children will behave lawfully, appropriately and respectfully throughout the workshop.
2. That your child/children will make a proactive effort to learn and engage with the workshop session and their trainer.
3. Should the above statements not be fulfilled, Young Engineers South West Sydney reserves the right to cancel all future workshop enrolments.
Responsibility and moral ethical conduct of Young Engineers South West Sydney
1. That the trainer will behave lawfully, appropriately and respectfully throughout the tuition session.
2. That the trainer will be punctual at all times. This includes their arrival and their commencement and ending of each week’s tutorial session.
3. Should the trainer be more than 30 minutes late to a scheduled tutorial session, the fees for that week will be waived or refunded in full if paid in advance.
4. In the case that the trainer is less than 30 minutes late, the workshop will still be conducted and will end at the end time stated in this contract.
Communication between the Client and Young Engineers South West Sydney is to be maintained inside business hours. Out of hours contact will receive a response the next business day
Health and Safety
1. There is no transfer of duty of care outside of what is reasonable to assume.
2. You will provide Young Engineers South West Sydney with details of any medical conditions and/or illnesses that require medical treatment. Young Engineers South West Sydney is able to only provide non-medical assistance and you are responsible for any medical expenses incurred as a result of that medical condition and/or illness.
3. You will make every effort to be contactable throughout the workshop.
4. In any case you remain responsible for the health, safety, and wellbeing of your child/children throughout the workshop.
5. Young Engineers South West Sydney will be released from any indemnity for any claim or action brought against Young Engineers South West Sydney by your child/children, on their behalf, their family members and/or any party related or connected to them arising out of accidents, injuries, illnesses, death, losses and/or damages that is not directly caused by the actions of Young Engineers South West Sydney other than that imposed by law.
Intellectual Property and Confidentiality Agreement
The intellectual property rights in all content made available to you through purchase and/or within workshops, remains the property of Young Engineers South West Sydney or its licensors and are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved by Young Engineers South West Sydney and its licensors. You are not permitted to publish, manipulate, distribute or otherwise reproduce, in any format, any of the content or copies of the content supplied to you nor may you use any such content in connection with any business or commercial enterprise. This clause also applies to any and all such trade secrets including educational and learning strategies, ideas and concepts.
Notify Young Engineers South West Sydney in writing including the details of your complaint by writing a complaint letter. In this the Client should describe the problem, the desired outcome, any key dates and times as well as any supporting documentation. Young Engineers South West Sydney will attempt to resolve all grievances internally with the Client. In the event that a resolution cannot be met and the Client maintains that the issue remains unresolved, a formal complaint can be made to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) or a third party.